Today I’m both honoured and privileged to be posting about award nominations bestowed by the amazingly generous WordPress community. So I want to share the love, give gratitude and forge new friendships because when all is said and done what else is life really about?
- I give thanks to my dear friend Ajaytao for the Liebster – Share the Love – Award. Ajaytao is both wise and heartening. Take a look at his blog because you’ll find a wealth of treasures there.
- I found friendship and hold much love for Cancer in my Thirties who nominated me for the Reality Blog Award. Please visit her, share your love with a truly amazing and valiant lady. She is an inspiration for us all.
- Much appreciation and admiration goes to Glorious Mettle for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. Friendship is, after all, about being a team. Glorious Mettle is a creative gem in this world so go see what she does because it’s very impressive.
The bestowal of these awards comes with a small ‘to do’ list:
Answer the following questions:
1. What makes you happiest? Seeing the sun rise, knowing it offers the opportunity to embrace another brand new day.
2. Do you love the Ocean or the Mountains more? Always loved the mountains and the oceans are beautiful too.
3. What has been your favourite moment of 2012? Seeing my son smile, most recently after being offered the part-time job he wanted.
4. What is your favourite quote and why? I have several – two from Richard Bach come to mind: “Can miles truly separate you from friends… If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” ― because I was physically separated from many of those dear to me in 2012 and “The meaning I picked, the one that changed my life: Overcome fear, behold wonder” - because when faced with adversity there is no other way to live.
5. Do you like yourself? Yes, it took a while but I do and I think you have to be comfortable with yourself in order to truly appreciate the beauty of others.
6. Do you stay up till the Stroke of Midnight on New Years Eve? Yes, I usually do.
7. Something you wish you get it done ASAP? I try not to put anything off because tomorrow might not come.
8. What was your favourite class while still in school? Chemistry
9. What musical instrument have you tried to learn to play? Many – guitar, saxophone, piano, recorder, harmonica, lute, mandolin…. and flute (it remains my nemesis!)
10. Anything you wish you had learned earlier? That life is short so it’s important to appreciate everything (people, places, nature) you love every day.
11. Do you like to do crafts or draw or even paint? Yes, I love art in all its forms, especially pottery.
Pass on the award to 11 of my friends whom I love and adore:
I’m told no rules for this one and as someone who isn’t always good at sticking to them that’s no bad thing!
- Thank the nominator and link back to their site – Thanks again Glorious Mettle
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Nominate no more than fourteen readers of your blog you appreciate and leave a comment to let them know about the award.
- Finish this sentence: “A great reader is… ”
Someone who sees the words, hears their intent, feels their meaning and imagines beyond them….