Just a quick post today to update on my first experience of Taxotere and Herceptin following my mammoth day on Tuesday.
So far, so good.
- I haven’t felt terribly nauseaus and it’s a real blessing compared with FEC since that made me feel impossibly sick for days and nights on end.
- I do have a few issues with my stomach but these will hopefully resolve after the weekend. They’re irritating rather than debilitating.
- As with FEC, TAX appears to be affecting my mouth, tongue and soft palate – feels like they’ve been badly burned or microwaved. Will need to keep an eye on that over the next few days.
- I have a few aches and pains but nothing significant. Just an achy neck, shoulders, joints in my upper back, knees, shins and feet. I imagine this is what it might be like if I manage to survive to a grand old age so I’m viewing it as training and preparation for that time of my life.
- My nose is a bit bloody – probably due to low platelets.
- My head feels tingly, like it did before my hair fell out. But as I have no hair of my own at present I’m hoping it isn’t a sign my head is going to fall off tomorrow as that would be an inconvenience.
I am a little tired but that is wholly down to steroids keeping me awake for 22 out of 24 hours every day since Monday!
Now I’m off to attempt sleep and if that fails I’ll be checking out everyone elses posts for the rest of the night or until I eventually slip into slumber. 🙂