Today I’m honoured. Not with an OBE or MBE but with something much more special… the Liebster Award thanks to Nick!
To find out more about Nick visit his thoughts and no-nonsense straight talking on current events, work and family. All I can say is thank you Nick, you made my day after a darned, dastardly and altogether dodgy year.
The Liebster leaves me in no doubt that 2013 will get better every day… but before I skip over the hills into a beautiful new dawn I have responsibilities to fulfil and “Dutiful” is my middle name. So to work:
- Post 11 random things about myself
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me
- Pose 11 new questions to other bloggers (link to let them know)
11 Random Things About Me
- I’m teaching myself Gaelic for fun in 2013.
- I’m fascinated by mythology.
- My eyelashes are growing back… I have more than 3 on each eye now ¦-)
- Sparkling mango juice is my new vice.
- I’m already way too excited about seeing Muse live with my son in May.
- I’d like to learn to play Bassoon.
- I’m part of B4Peace.
- In 2012 I grew an orchid past its flowering season. I’ve never managed it before.
- I love sci-fi.
- I can’t wait to eat fresh berries again, every day.
- Likewise for pate on toast but no more than once a fortnight!
Answer 11 Questions Asked by Nick
1. What was the last thing that made you cry? A card my Dad gave me before chemo on 28th December. He has a way of saying things that reach straight into my heart. 2. If you had a super power, would you share it with anyone? Yes, those who are good, kind and decent. 3. If you could talk to anyone alive or dead, famous or not who would it be? Kathleen Lonsdale. 4. Would you rather go back in time or travel to the future? Travel to the future hoping we have our act together by 3013! 5. If the person you loved was dying and the only way you could save them was to press a button that would kill thousands of people you've never met before, would you do it? I couldn’t kill others and my loved ones wouldn’t want me to. We’ll find each other again in the next life. 6. Would you rather 10 minutes of love or 10 minutes of lust? As a chemo chick I don’t look so hot these days… I sizzle half the night but it's all down to chemical chaos! So love it is. 7. How many fingers am I holding up right now? As many as you like. 8. If you could change the topic of your blog what would you change it to? Confounding Confusion, Chaos & Coincidence. 9. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Personality.... looking great on the outside can't disguise a rotten inside. 10. Dogs or Cats? Cats 11. What's the last thing you regretted doing? Being unable to help my son when he ripped his ankle tendons and ended up in A&E
Pose 11 questions for new nominees:
1. Sweet or savoury?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. Beach or Mountains?
4. Do you have a middle name?
5. Are you superstitious?
6. When was the best year of your life so far?
7. Have you ever played chess?
8. What was your funniest experience in 2012?
9. Who is your all-time greatest movie hero?
10. What news headline would you most like to see this year?
11. Where would you like to be on New Year’s Day 2014?
The Better Man Project Michelbotman Nirvanatrails The Winter Bites my Bones Everydaygurus In focus Usyaka Say it once Men will pause Overcoming depression Lymphomaniac